Golden Circle Tour: The Best Way to Experience Iceland
Thingvellir National Park is almost a sacred place in the mind of icelanders. At Þingvellir we founded Althingi in AD 930. Þingvellir is on UNESCO World Heritage List. The unique natural beauty and powers of the Atlantic rigde is obvious at Thingvellir. At Thingvellir you can see how the American and Eurasian tectonic plates are moving apart.
Geysir is an unusual natural phenomenon that takes your breath away. The English word geyser (a periodically spouting hot spring) derives from Geysir and the powerful Gullfoss waterfall is stunning and magical.
At your request, you can add this trip to Friðheima restaurant that offers tomato soup in a greenhouse (their own tomato production) and visit the Secret Lagoon at Flúðir, where you can go into a hot natural bath like a true Viking.
- Tour Guide
- All transportation in destination location
What's not included
- Guide Service Fee
- Food and drinks
What do I need to bring
Dress warm and dry.
This tour has other options if you like to extend the day.
- You can visit the tomato farm Friðheimar for lunch
- You can go to The Secret Lagoon at Fludir
- You can go to Fontana Spa at Laugarvatn
- Visit the crater Kerið
- Go to the restaurant Fjöruborðið at Stokkseyri for to have their famous lobster soup